Saturday, June 20, 2009

of coco avant chanel and being fashion

I have 2 silly friends whom I love dearly.. they are silly and they call me fashion :) it all started with R calling me "the fashionista".. but this four-syllabic nickname soon became "fashion" coz it was otherwise too tedious to type/call/name.. so i am known to them as fashion.. more in a sarcastic and mocking sort of a way than a.. ermm.. they truly think i'm fashionable sort of a way.. :) i love them all the same though.. sometimes, they also call me odderlyn.. but that's a story for another time..

Of late, I've discovered a new-found appreciation and gratitude for fashion.. Not that i wasn't appreciative or thankful to begin with but various conversations and incidences have all culminated in my one conclusion.. that i am so very loved (..and al's so very blessed!.. again another story for another time)

Because God loves me, i have the rare occurence of actually loving my job.. Fashion is something i've enjoyed since i was a kid (i have terribly incriminating photos!), but it is a career that i clumsily stumbled into.. What i mean by this is that it wasn't a career I had planned for.. it is truly and utterly God-given.. I cannot take any credit for this humongous blessing in my life.. God placed timely people and events in my life that led to where i am now..

Over the course of the past week, i've had to talk about fashion alot.. i've met up with random strangers to talk about what i do because they are considering moving from banking to fashion.. i've been validated at work.. i've had to tell my rags-to-fashion (not riches) story a couple of times.. all these events have heightened my awareness of how blessed i really am.. *thank you God*



The flatmate and i are gonna catch a movie on sunday.. We started off saying we will watch Star Trek because it has been highly raved about.. but then i also wanna watch coco avant chanel.. the trailer is super enticing! :)

I'm not a chanel fan, but i must say that SHE IS FASHION.. she has the immense honour of being the founding creator of the little black dress, she popularised suitings among women at a time when women were bound in corsets and uncomfortable clothing.. reading the history of coco chanel inspired me.. to do what i don't know, but it lit a fire under my ass to make me wanna get off my seat and on with it and do something! :)

2 comments:

moo* said...

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." - 1 Cor 15:10

chael said...

heehee ade i didnt know you had a blog! but yea the ending of coco before chanel was AWESOME hahaha