Sunday, October 05, 2008

of long long hikes and great funny friends!

Of late, I've been taking lots of long hikes.. And by long hikes, I mean hikes that last between 4-7 hours at a go.. This is all in preparation for the Oxfam Trailwalker that's coming up on the 7th of November.. This event takes its participants through 100km (!!) of hilly terrain across the whole of Kowloon from Sai Kung (east of Kowloon) to Tuen Mun (west of Kowloon).. The main purpose of this is for charity.. raising money to the different causes that Oxfam is rooting for...

SO.. I'm doing this hike with 3 other people, 2 of whom I've introduced earlier as Stephanie and Elsie.. The last is Tong, who's this super nice guy who's Elsie's friend.. It'll take us (hopefully!) 36 hours to complete the 100km IF we complete it..

I first found out about this event on my first hike, from some of my friends at IECC.. and then I got inspired to get my friends to sign up with me, after my hike with AL and HC when they came to visit! I had SUCH a good time on that hike that I thought.. I could do 100km of it! Well.. I'm not regretting it yet, but it sure has been a painful journey..

Stephanie did a montage of our journey thus far.. and I thoroughly enjoyed it :) Looking back on the training thus far is WAYYYY better than the actual training!

No comments: